Tuesday, January 6, 2015

81 in January



Granted, by Saturday, it'll be back down to 66 degrees [burrrrr] but today is 81 degrees in Long Beach.  I'm not wearing socks today.  YAS!!

Even though the weather is warm today, our house, 1920's w no insulation, no central heat, and broken floor furnace, has been freezing this year.  Cold weather plus preg hormones have done a number to my skin.  My skin has already been breaking out like mad on my face bc of hormones (i think), but the dry skin is all over.   I've been using a few item to help remedy this, but still haven't found the perfect concoction of products.




1.  Trader Joe's Coconut Oil:  Been using this on my face and hands before I go to bed, if I wash my face.  I need to work on that this year.

2.  Josie Maran Argan Oil:  Use this every morning after toner before moisturizer.

3.  Josie Maran Moisturizer w SPF:  I really like Josie Maran products, but I think this moisturizer isn't thick enough for me during the winter.  I love the way it smells like fruit roll-ups though.

4.  The Honest Co. Organic Body Oil:  I use this all over my body right out of the shower.  Absorbs well, no scent.

5.  Mama Mio Tummy Rub Butter:  My mom got a bunch of stretch marks when she was pregnant and since she and I have very similar skin, I'm trying to prevent them as much as possible (though I feel like stretch marks may be inevitable for me and thats ok, i guess).  So I use this stuff all over my belly, chest, lower back, butt, thighs, and upper arms.  And this is AFTER I use the body oil.  I used 2 tubs in a month.  I might have to find a cheaper alternative.  So far, no stretch marks.


Would love some more suggestions.  Anybody out there?

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the belly hydrating mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started using coconut oil on my face too :) but what's up with "if I was my face" ?!?! Ew! Hahahah :P

    ReplyDelete